Tuesday 22 July 2014

Fashion Faux Pas

Have you ever wondered if the dresses worn by super models can actually fit lesser mortals like us. These super thin super models sashay on ramps exhibiting the dresses. The effect of dresses and the aura of smartness created by these models entices us but outrageous prices for these pieces do not fit in budget of many of us  therefore we end up buying stuff which looks more or less the same as original. Needless to say that in our pursuit of emulating them, realization dawns on us that the same effects are not observed on lesser mortals like us. I have this weird feeling that the clothes are stitched with models in it else how can clothes be so fitting !! The top which looks superb on super model takes a nasty turn by giving the glimpses of muffin-top on us!

People tend to wear clothes which are as per current trend but not as per their comfort. For me fashion is what I feel comfortable in but I do take care of that I do not look outrageously out of place among other trend savvy people. When it comes to fashion, I am not very experimental. In fact I have a very conservative sense of dressing. I think my style has been same since ages. I am agnostic to the fashion trends and I have started feeling that markets do not offer enough for people like me. I am sure people might say that I am committing  fashion Faux Pas. I appreciate that but I think  fashion should be a very personal thing. When I say personal, I mean fashion should be something which a person can carry off with comfort and panache. True fashion is the style what adds to one's self confidence. Isn't that?

As long as I am at peace with myself, I am ok to stick to my age old style. By the way what is your style? Are you also trapped in some one style since ages just like me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment