Thursday 12 June 2014

Sartorial Syndrome

Clothes clothes everywhere but not a one to wear !
 Sounds familiar? Yes I can imagine many people(read female population) nodding their heads in unison. Now don't start treating this statement as discrimintaion against fair sex. I would not do that to my own population. Nevertehless nowadays one has to be very aware of what one is saying or writing. For all of female population who think that I am exhibiting some discrimination by pointing them out , I offer my apologies with full heart. For ladies who are taking this in stride, I have my gratitude for them.
 
 I would like to call this common feeling of  dearth of clothes even if we are sitting on heap of clothes as "Sartorial Syndrome". Though this is 24x7 syndrome but the effects of this can be seen more explicitly in following situations-
  • Party invitation from friend
  • Wedding party
  • Formal party of office
  • Onset of vacations
  • Birthdays
  • Anniversaries
  • Dates
  • etcetra etcetra
I have just realised that I am getting into the never ending list so decided to put the magic word etcetra at the end. Please feel free to interpret this "etcetra" as per your situation.
 
I too have been sufferer of this syndrome since the time I don't even remember. This syndrome is not genetic in nature but highly contagious and solely depends upon external factors. The only proven treatment(temporary) for this is  immediate buying of clothes. Some scientific and logical people call this as impulse buying too. Well I would refrain from using this phrase. There is a simple reason for this - impulse is which happens with in a second ! Lo and behold...does our shopping end in minutes?I would give an award to any one who can prove that ladies can close shopping so quickly. Please be aware that I want complete evidence in order to give this award.
 
If people think that buying has done some cure, they are highly mistaken. Real woes start after getting the proud buy at home and then trying it, looking into mirror from hundred different angles and finally giving the verdict that the dress is not suiting or not good enough for body type !
 
Anyhow after multiple iterations , one dress comes at home and ofcourse it is used for the occasion. Now can anyone guess what happens after that.....
 
Yes , you are correct....it goes back into the heap and syndrome strikes back!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment