Tuesday 14 August 2012

My sweet little peccadillo

Everyone has hidden sins which seldom make to public stage.I too have my sweet little peccadillo which can not be hidden and any party and celebration manifests it more . Hold on to your high horses...my only sin  is my unconditional love for chocolates and Indian sweets!

Since my childhood , this thought is deeply imbibed in my heart and brain that stomach does have different compartment for desserts and you have always that extra space even if you have eaten like a monster !

As I grew up , my brain did change it's idea(thanks to internet for getting Ms. Calorie into center stage)  but heart still abides by that imbibed thought :-).My heart and brain are at antipodal positions when it comes to eating sweets and needless to say my heart wins by unbeatable margin :) And my accumulated pounds do echo the same.

I am not alone in this quandary .I have many acquaintances and friends who too struggle with ...to eat or not to eat  sweet and eventually they end up eating only .I myself have tried to give up sweet many a times but I guess it's deep there in my DNA .When you don't find any logical reason .... DNA is an easy culprit to put blame on !But my food DNA is not that bad ....I owe big thanks to it for disliking ice creams infact a very big thanks (looking at calorie content of ice cream ) and a bear hug for making me dislike cold drinks and pastries .Imagine if my food DNA had strayed more into sweet territory I would have ended up with menu like -  ice cream for breakfast ,chocolate for mid morning snack well supported by aerated sweet drink , pastries for lunch  and so on ....

Thank God for making my DNA sane .So for now I am just  trying to find peace with my peccadillo as I have come to know  DNA is a blueprint... unchangeable!

Finally it is one story with happy ending :) Tell me if you think otherwise.


2 comments:

  1. You should switch over to writing Romantic Novels. One day Hollywood or Bollywood may make a film using your story making you instantly rich. You write good English and possess good ideas. For writing, one need 'Content' which can be expanded. Alas! I lack that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chacha G for encouragement. It means a lot.

      Delete