Sunday 29 July 2012

Conscious eating - inexpensive way to fight flab

Few days back I stumbled upon an article with quite a thought provoking heading - "A moment on lips, lifetime on hips". It said that whatever we eat, it just takes three hours to get it converted into fat tissues in your body.

Though I am not a part of diet police (something like fashion police ;) ) but i do believe that one need not starve oneself from all the temptations, it's just a matter of getting little conscious in the quantity of what we are eating and when we are eating. Though this is the universal truth and common sense but we all know how rare common sense is :).

We don't even realise that a single plate of humble bhelpuri(so called low fat snack) garnished with peanuts  can give us half of our daily required calories. And then by end of day, one just says .....today I just had bhelpuri and no lunch! Villains like bhelpuris exist in ample around us. We don't have to defriend them but just have to control the frequency of meeting them :). Aim should be to restrict the entry of such villains in house. For me as soon as I get back from office, all of sudden I start feeling very very hungry and then my hand just goes into one of the drawers/containers of kitchen and I devour whatever I can get  my hands on. To prevent this I have started keeping healthy alternatives like bananas, almonds or may be good old pal milk in kitchen. Easier said than done but I am trying !


Maintaining a log of what you eat is something which gives you control.You might have to maintain it physically initially but after a while your mind gets tuned to it and you can maintain the virtual log in your brain. To help you there are sites like http://caloriecount.about.com/, http://www.livestrong.com/ and many other. These will help you maintaining the log and you can actually track your progress.

As they say everything has it's pros and cons.When people start following calorie count specific sites, they start to count calories in every damn thing. On lunch tables they would start ranting about the calories contents of each and every thing. As obvious they become a laughing stock:-) So guys you have to strike a balance! Count the calories for you and not for others :-)

Happy calorie counting ...and stop eating as if there will be no tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment