Friday 27 March 2015

"Morning Run" is always an effort

No matter how long you have been running, getting up in the morning and going for a run is always an effort for most of people. I am also one of those "most of people". Getting up and heading for a jog is always like a case fought in court by me against me!! I am the Judge, Prosecutor, Defense lawyer and all other fancy words of  legal jargon.

List of  arguments by "Lazy Me" which my "Not So Lazy Me" have to counter-
  • Argument #1 :  World is not going to end if you don't go today.
  • Argument #2 :  Why baby why? You don't want to be a model.
  • Argument #3 :  Are you participating in Olympics?Then why?
  • Argument #4 :  Are you not feeling pain in your feet?
  • Argument #5 :  Today should be the day of rest.
  • Argument #6 :  Tomorrow is the new beginning. 
  • Argument #7 :   Listen to your heart

My "Not So Lazy Me" does rise above all these arguments in 80% of cases but it requires lot of cajoling, coaxing and coercion. Actually only coercion and not cajoling or coaxing. Some people would like to use motivation in lieu of coercion. I prefer using COERCION because this is what it is !

Step by step guide for successful coercion-
  • keeping  alarm clock/mobile phone at least 10 steps away from bed.
  • Not to mention about the alarm tone. It should be sure shot winner of any cacophony event
  • Keeping running apparel with the alarm clock
  • Fleeting thoughts about other good looking and fit friends ( Now my fit friend would know that how often I remember them )
I do follow all the techniques but  of all these, keeping my alarm clock away from bed works in most of the cases.

What about your struggle with morning exercises and your coercion/motivational techniques ?


No comments:

Post a Comment