Thursday 21 August 2014

Go Cold Turkey on Vices.. Really?

Everybody has one or other vices. I have read somewhere that  only way to get over your vices is to go Cold Turkey on them. It means leaving something abruptly. For example you can go Cold Turkey on facebook or may be coffee or may be smoking or eating sweets( my perpetual pain area).

With this principle I decided to go Cold Turkey on Sweets and guess what happened? The Turkey remained cold for few days and then it came out of oven smoldering! The vice was back with vengeance!

This Turkey thing did not work for me.  Does this way of giving up vices really work or gradual step by step approach is the way to go?I tried doing the gradual approach too by making a doable plan as I thought it  is most likely to work. Jotting down the plan and tracking it works because one can see where one is cheating. Based on this , I made my plan and I was fairly able to stick to this till the time few relatives from US of A arrived with a pack of Hershey's nuggets. Before I could realize half of the packet was empty. Of course that hand was mine only which was going into the packet and maneuvering the nuggets into my mouth!


Finally I have realized that for incorrigible people like me neither cold turkey works nor does any other approach. I fail to understand what secret approaches my super fit friends use. Paging all my super fit friends for answers !!





No comments:

Post a Comment