Thursday 27 June 2013

Are gadgets making us under utilize our brain

I have started struggling for words .Sometimes they just sit on tongue but  never come out :(  Has it been happening to you guys too. Well I can understand that I am not that young but I am not that old too  that I start forgetting stuff.

I gave it a little thought and after a while I realized that this is nothing to do with age. It is to do with practice.I think I have been not using my wits as I should have been. I have been just whiling away my time and doing absolutely nothing constructive. Though I certainly feel that life is not all about taking pressures especially when they can be avoided but  is always better to have one challenging task at hand  at a given point of time. It really stimulates brain and keeps brains and emotions in control.

We belong to always online kind of generation.Our reliance on gadgets (read smart phones/tabs ) is getting heavier day by day. For any single piece of information we just punch in some keys on our gadgets and we are served with express information . Even for doing simple math for day to day transactions , gadget comes as a savior. What a brain wreak we have become. We are not doing any mental calculations , we always have internet at a click away .Whatever information we want to seek , we never query our brain instead go straight to our phones.There is a lot of information lying in the brain unused as we are not even getting it used.What is the use of tools which never gets used so what is the use of accumulating information when you are not using it !It is obviously turning to fossil.

I get so amazed when I see how people of non internet era do calculations so fast and remember so.Even if they are carrying gadgets , their reliance on them is just for a voice call and nothing more than that.Unlike us who see gadget as panacea.

I have decided to decrease my dependency on gadgets from now on and start taking services of my own CPU rather than some artificial CPU .I have decided to start using less of gadgets for day today life.Starting with  remembering phone numbers of near and dear ones and dialing them by numbers instead of stored names. Saying bye to plastic money wherever I can , doing crosswords ,Sudoku ...

Lets see how far can I go !



No comments:

Post a Comment